How to Listen
On FM Radio
You can find us broadcasting in the Erewash area on 96.8FM. Whether you’re at home, on the go or in your car, simply tune your radio to our frequency. If you have an RDS radio, provided you have good reception ‘EREWASH’ will appear on your radio display. A tuning guide can be viewed on our home page.
Our transmitter has been installed at a carefully selected location, in order to provide the best coverage possible across the borough.
We hope you’ll be able to pick up our signal loud and clear, however, due to the type of licence obtained, we have been limited to a specific transmission power level, and this means things might not quite work out. So, if you’re having problems tuning in to 96.8 FM, here’s a few simple things you can try with your radio!
- Fully extend the telescopic aerial (where fitted), then move it around forwards and backwards, and side to side until you feel you’ve got the clearest signal possible.
- Move your radio around the room — near a window, upstairs perhaps. Try and find the best place where we can be heard as clearly as possible.
- Keep your radio away from things which might cause interference such as mobile phones, computers, microwave and other electrical appliances or motors/engines which might be running nearby.
- If you’re suffering interference from another radio station nearby on the dial, adjust your manual tuner slightly, move your radio and aerial as above.
- Change to mono settings if possible. You may detect a ‘hiss’ in the background of our transmissions. Although we’re broadcasting in FM Stereo, if your radio has a switch labeled ‘mono’, flick the switch to remove the ‘hiss’ in areas where our signal is weaker.
- Try a different radio! Newer units may have a better aerial, or are better equipped to pick up radio transmissions through the advance of technology.
- Listen on-line - a ‘simulcast’ (the same service) of our FM transmissions is available via the 'Listen Live' link on the top right of our homepage. The simulcast is available via PCs, laptops, MACs and most wi-fi internet radios. Wi-fi radios can be purchased for the approximate price of a DAB radio
If you have a manual dial radio, particularly a very small radio with an equally smaller tuner dial, finding us accurately will be more difficult. A digital tuner or radio with wider manual dial may prove more easier to use to begin listening.
Please note that currently, we cannot be heard on DAB/Digital Radio tuners due to the current costs of carriage and infrastruture.
Still having trouble listening at home or in the workplace? Please let us know! Your contribution might give us important information that we might be able to use to discuss with engineers and the broadcast regulator. Send your e-mail with reception reports to email@example.com.
On Your Computer
You can listen to us anytime on your computer by clicking the ‘Listen Live’ link on the top of every page on this website. This will launch our Erewash Sound Radio Player via our friends at TuneIn, providing playback controls and information on the songs currently playing.
On Internet Radios
If you have an Internet Radio that uses Pure’s The Lounge, Reciva or Wi-Fi Radio Frontier’s database of internet radio stations, you can easily find Erewash Sound by navigating the radio station list on your internet radio. You can save time later by adding Erewash Sound to one of your radio presets, it’s just like listening to a normal FM radio.
On Your Mobile, tablet and iPod touch
If you have a mobile with a built in FM Radio, all you have to do is tune it into 96.8FM. Unfortunately due to the way FM Radios on mobile phones work, reception may not be as good as other radios.
Find us too on the TuneIn app - available from the Apple iTunes or GooglePlay (Android) stores (streaming charges may apply - see below) for use on tablets and smart phone mobile devices.
If you have a Nokia mobile with the Nokia Internet Radio application, you can listen to us by navigating the station list on that application.
If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, or any other compatible mobile phone, you can listen to us by going to our website and clicking the ‘Listen Live’ link, which will take you to our Mobile Radio Player.
Please note that when you listen to internet radio over a mobile phone network, you may well be charged by your network, unless your tariff gives you unlimited net for your monthly payment. Please check with your service provider, particularly to ensure that you are permitted to listen to live streams over the network as part of your package.
On Your Home Media Centre
Some media centre devices, including PlayStation 3s, allow you to browse the internet and listen to internet radio through your television just as you can on your computer.
To listen to Erewash Sound on a compatible Media Centre, all you have to do is navigate to our website and select the ‘Listen Live’ link on the top of every page on this website.
If you have a Windows Media Center system, and you have a compatible tuner installed, you can make use of the FM Radio functionality to listen to Erewash Sound.